Thursday, January 15, 2009

Re-Learning Balance

OK, I know I am in trouble for yesterdays picture post, so I figure why stay in the shallow end of the trouble pool, Lets swim to deep end. As you can see Brandon and Lindsey came by to keep Joni's spirits high. The family and friends have been a great support.

Today the doctor took out her IV and told her to not use the vertigo medicine if possible. He wants her to get used to flying solo without medication. She has gone the entire day without any pain medication or vertigo medicine. She is way tougher than me. This has made her stomach upset again when she gets up and walks. She still can not open both eyes at the same time, (as you can see in the picture). I told her I was going to get her an eye patch so she can be a pirate. She has also fondly named her new hair due as "The Volcano". ---- I am just reporting the facts.

As I have said before, All is going according to plan, Its just that the plan is not a lot of fun. My good wife is a fighter and she has maintained a good attitude through out this trial. I love her and am grateful for her ability to make the best of any situation she is put in. I feed off her her strength when it should be the other way around. It looks like she will be coming home sometime on Friday. I know this is a little scary for her, but the doctor has indicated that she can be dizzy at home or in the hospital, either way she is going to have to work through the being dizzy and the side effects that come with it.

Thanks again for all the love and support.

Clay "The blogger" Henderson

2 comments:

  1. Hi Joni! (this is Diane Oniki Nichols)
    My husband forwarded your e-mail to me at my daughter and son-in-law's home in San Francisco.

    I am so happy things went well for you!:)
    I've certainly been praying hard for you these past few months. It is great to see you and your family in pictures!

    Congratulations on being a grandmother! I am here helping out with our oldest daughter's first baby. Our first grandbaby! Ben is his name (after my dad) It's hard to remember where all the years have gone! But it's fun to be a grandma...:)

    I love your blog and hope to get to Layton to see you in 2009! My husband, Joe is retiring from the Air Force this summer and Utah is on the radar, but we'll have to wait and see where we actually move next.

    My thoughts and prayers continue to be for you.
    Hang in there,

    Love and best wishes,

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad, it's a good thing you are taking such good care of mom because she is not going to like these pictures. Glad she's coming home! We'll see you tomorrow. Love ya.
    Barb

    ReplyDelete