Monday, January 19, 2009

Progress



The above sign was posted in Joni's hospital room by strict instructions from one of her doctors. We were afraid that she would forget, so we brought it home to put over her bed. Sometimes there is just too much material to give her a hard time about. :) The doctors have indicated that she is not to blow her noise for one one month. The pressure of lifting something or blowing her noise can cause issues with the healing of the trap door where they went in to get the tumor. Go figure.

Today has been the best day since the operation. She still has to be down more than she is up, but some good time sitting up vertical was logged today. I contend that it was an improvement in her nursing care as Barb took care of her when I went back to work today.

The numbness in the face still exists due to the swelling but we have seen some slight improvement in this area. Due to this numbness, her eye does not blink so she has to keep drops in to keep it lubricated. I bought her an eye patch so it can block out the constant light when the eye does not close. I think I might have to get a picture of that.

We want to thank everyone for their support. I will try and continue to keep you updated on Joni's recovery. She is making progress, slowly buy surly.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to hear things are going well. My mom told me about the blog and I had to check in and see how everyone is doing. I love you all and good luck with everything. Check out the happenings of my little, but growing family at andrewandbrienaharrisfamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete