Monday, January 12, 2009

Family & Friends

Hello to My Family & Friends...

I am writing this on the eve of my surgery, bright and early tomorrow morning.
We have to be at LDS hospital at 5:30 am Monday morning.

The surgery is anticipated to start about 7am. I didn't find out until this last Friday afternoon what time the surgery would take place, so we were very pleased that I will be the first surgery of the day!

The kids have been here throughout the weekend with us and that has helped keep my mind off of surgery. Not that I am in denial about it, but it is out of my control at this point. I have the best doctors in the area performing the surgery and I feel good about our plan.
Clay and the boys gave me a blessing Saturday night and so I am ready to face what is ahead of me.

I am consuming my last Dt. Coke as I write this...I am thinking I might not like it anymore after the surgery...so we shall see! :) Kelli has put this blog together for me and I wanted you all to know about it so you can be updated any time you want to look at the blog. The address is:
hendersonfam13.blogspot.com

Thank you so much to my Kelli for setting this up for me! It is so nice to have children that are so capable! And Clay said he would help keep it going.

I am a little nervous, but probably in a vain way...I am afraid at the last minute they will tell me they have to shave my entire head instead of just one small area...now that would get me upset!
Anyway, Clay and I feel very blessed with regard to all the circumstances leading up to the surgery. By waiting to have the surgery in January, not only was I able to be with Barb & baby Brooke in November, but our Insurance changed for the better and other little tender mercies that all worked in our favor...we truly are blessed!

Thank you again for all the love, prayers and continued support you have sent our way...I am so blessed to have so many people that care about me and about my family.
Thank you to my work family for making it possible to take 2 months off and still come back to work...Rampton Orthodontics is an amazing support system of its own and I love working their with such dear friends!

Thank you to my family for the joy and happiness and love that they bring to my life...I am who I am because of each and every one of them.

I don't want to be morbid, I would write this even if I was just having my tonsils out...
But one of my biggest fears in life has always been that I would not be able to tell the people I love and care about how much they mean to me.

So, just so I don't have to worry about a single thing in the next few days, other than getting healthy...I want each of you to know how much you mean to me and how much I love you and appreciate all that you have done in my own life or in the life of my family. No act of service, kindness, support, teaching...whatever it might have been, ever went un-noticed!!
Know that I love you and am looking forward to being strong and healthy again, however long it might take!

I am not sure what else I can say at this time, so I will just say, talk to you soon!
All My Love,

Joni:)

No comments:

Post a Comment