Monday, January 12, 2009

First E-mail

Hi to Everyone!
I am writing this to you as a group, but also thinking of each of you individually.
I just wanted to fill you on the lastest happenings in my life...

In the middle of July I had a sudden hearing loss in my right ear, along with vertigo, headaches, tinitus & dizziness. I pursued medical treatment and eventually had an MRI last Tuesday, August 11 and got the results this last Friday afternoon.

It turns out that I have a tumor (most likely begnin) that is located in the nerve lining on the brain behind my ear. It is called an Acoustic Neuroma. I am sure I will be okay. I will be seeing a Neuro-Surgeon this week and will know more then. The hearing loss is supposedly permanent, but of course I believe in miracles so we shall see.

I wanted to make sure you knew about this because this is obviously a major bump in the road for me and our family. I would greatly appreciate any and all positive thoughts and prayers that you wish to send our way.

Each of you have been a real influence at some point in my life and I will greatly appreciate any continued love and support that you wish to share.

I am not the best communicator, but I do want to keep everyone informed as to how things progress...cuz right now we are just waiting for further diagnosis and treatment options.
Please know that I love each of you and truly feel that all will be well and that the Lord will continue to bless us, things could be so much worse.

Just for your info,we are not telling Robbie all the details of this, we don't want to stress him out at this point. We will fill him in on a need to know basis, just incase any of you do communicate with him...he has been out almost 12 months...he is so happy and working so hard, no need to distract him at this time.

Thanks for your love and support!
Joni:)

No comments:

Post a Comment