Monday, March 16, 2009

Step-by-Step!

Hey!
So I have had a few 'Firsts' this past week...
I found flesh colored eye patches so I don't have
to play pirate all the time anymore.
Yes I still have the double vision and paralysis
on the right side of my face, but I can tell it is
getting better, millimeter by millimeter!
Also, my work "RAMPTON Orthodontics"
convinced me to attend a 24 hour retreat they
were having in Park City...so I went and everyone
took great care of me! By the time I got home I
was extremely exhausted but in a good way.
It was great to be back with the work family.
Then I actually made it to Church this past
Sunday for about 1 & 1/2 hours (Sacrament
Meeting). It was so wonderful to see so many
friendly faces and to feel of the amazing spirit
there. So then I came home and had a 2 hour
nap and then the kids and baby Brooke came
over for dinner...it is always so wonderful to
have everyone together (except for Rob of course).
I can hardly believe he will be home in October
of this year!!
Kelli's pregnancy is progressing beautifully and
she is half way and finally starting to look pregnant
and feel NOT queasy anymore!
Brandon and Lindsey got home from Hawaii
yesterday afternoon. Their flight was due to get
in at 9am and instead after a LONG day...they
got home at 4pm! But we didn't feel too sorry for
them after the wonderful week they had!
Barb and Lane even came for dinner from Logan,
we always appreciate their 'driving' efforts!
Lane had to speak in their Ward Sacrament
meeting as he is the new Elders Quorum President.
So they know how much Grandpa & Noni Jo
love to see their darling daughter...them too!
Miss Brooke is 4 months old and getting cuter
every day! The entertainment when we were
all together yesterday was watching Barb feed
Brooke rice cereal, which she is still getting used too.
We laughed so hard at her facial expressions...
Who needs t.v. when you have a baby to watch?!
I am finally getting my strength back...not 100%
yet, but getting there!
Thank you so much for all your good wishes and
love you send our way.
I have truly been overwhelmed with love. I can't
think of a better way to be!
I will do my best to post thoughts more often.
It just seems like not much happens from day to
day for me?? I have often felt like I have been
living my own version of "Ground Hog Day" like
the movie!

2 comments:

  1. Joni,
    I am so glad that you are starting to get back to "normal"! I really doubt there is normal, after all you have been thru the little steps are so great. We love you and pray for you!
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joni! So true! Who needs T.V when the babies are so entertaining?
    Joni.... Yeah! We will take any little progress in your health as a MAYOR plus! I hope you had a lovely Mother's Day. Brooke does get cuter every day.... and she is ADORABLE!!!
    So exciting that Robbie is coming home in October! There is nothing quite like that reunion at the airport. I hope you are recovered from your work trip and all the demands of home and work. I am here if you need anything! Hugs! Love, Linda

    ReplyDelete